Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Entry #6 Elaborating on a Note

      The book I'm reading is called "Freak the Mighty" by Rodman Philbrick. And the post-it note, that I will elaborate on is when i wrote" I like how I try to figure out the chapter title before I read the chapter".
     I notice I do that, because I like how the chapter title always mentionedin the chapter title. And while reading the chapter you can realize why it's called that. You can make a lot of realizations in the book. For ex. was when Freak and Max found Lorettas purse in the storm drain. And then Freak called Loretta the        "Damsel of Distress. Then the title of the next chapter was called the " Damsel of Distress". Which for some weird reason i found that funny
 
I also liked how the chapter title actually related to the chapter. Because in some books have a chapter title dealing nothing with the chapter which is really annoying.
and it shows how the author dosen't want to be creative. An example of when Rodman Philbrick has an creative title is " Chip of the Old Block" which is personally my favorite expression. I think the reason why it was called that was because since Max's father didn't know how Max looks and how big he is. It's like an surprising expression.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you share how you think about the chapter ttitle before you read the chapter because i do that somethimes to :D

    ReplyDelete