Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Research to Expand Our Universe of Freak the Mighty

       .For my research of Freak the Mighty I re-watched the movie. Basically to compare and contrast the book to the movie. To basically see if the movie is like the book. And if it has the details the book has. And to see how people actually treat max and Freak.Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-kadY3vHrI&feature=related

As I watched the movie, i realized they had 95% of the book in the movie. But it wasn't in the order that the book had it in. They put in details in the wrong place.But it did make sense. The writter of the script put the details in the wrong order, but it actually made sense how he or she wrote it. I like that the writter ddin't put details in random places. Since I watched the movie right after i finished the book I know what details are there.

 I also wanted to know what the movie writter put in extra. I like digging for the stuff that is extra. I think that when a writter leaves something out, they always try to use something extra. That sometimes don't even go with what the main plot is about.

 I thought that 50% of the movie had unnecessary extras. For ex. I think they mentioned the whole ideal of King Authur too much. In the book Rodman Philbrick mentioned King Authur about a few times through out the book. But in every scene of the movie bla bla bla King Authur. Which was really annoying that I wanted to skip those parts. The other 50% that i kinda thought was necessary was when Freak and Max were getting Loretta Lee's purse, was when they showed that Freak saw Blade and his gang steal it.   And also when Freak and Max were actually getting the purse that Blade and his gangcame back to get it. Which Rodman Philbrick never mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment